Monday 11 April 2016

ANZAC

This week Team 3 is learning about ANZAC and why we celebrate it.  We have been doing some writing, maths, art and learning all about World Wars and life as a soldier.

Below is some writing we did in one of our workshops.  We used our senses to explain what we think being at war would be like.


ANZAC Poems


I hear the guns going bang, pow, crash!

I see the four trenches 1, 2, 3, 4 - muddy!

I feel cold people snuggling together to keep warm.

I taste the ANZAC biscuits - 'yummy!'

I smell the smoke or the exploding bombs - BANG!

By Blake




I hear horses stomping and neighing in fear above me.

I see disgusting smelly rats scuttling around on the ground of the trenches.

I taste smoke in my dry mouth while I breathe, trying to get to sleep.

I feel blood hopelessly dripping off my face.

I smell  human flesh rotting beneath the soggy, muddy ground in the trenches while I lie on in.

By Dara




I hear men crying their heart out with such little life left.

I see my friends dead bodies laying there in dead mans' lane.

I feel the cold breeze brushing against me, it starts goose bumps on my arms.

I taste nothing, my mouth is dry like a desert.

I smell rotten flesh on my toes, from trench foot.

By Lucie




I hear people crying for what little life they had.

I see dead bodies in the middle of dead mans' lane.

I feel coldness cling against me when I shoot the enemy.

I taste smoke breezing into my mouth from bombs going off.

I smell rats rotten bodies as they lay in the mud.

By Estella




I hear dogs barking as loud as a fire alarm.

I see poppies growing bright red as the war continues.

I feel blood pouring down my arm like a tap of water.

I taste the bombs like a cloud of dirt.

I smell dry, muddly, squelching, wet mud.

By Lexi





No comments:

Post a Comment